Obstetrics-Gynecology and Infertility Specialists. Offices in Chesapeake and Nags Head, NC. Laparascopic Hysterectomy3D/4D Ultrasounds. Teen Health. Urinary Disfunction. Endometrial Ablations. High Risk Pregnancy. Weight Management. Current Methods Of Birth Control. Osteoporosis Screening Customers Served Residential
Really irritated with poor care from this office (Virginia Center for Women 1101 Madison Plaza, Chesapeake, VA). The staff, nurses and doctors are nice for the most part. However, politeness doesn't fix medical issues nor pay the insurance bill for in-office triplicated (and more) testing, 2nd opinions and ER visits.
1. I'm told ultrasounds are normal in the office then learn in a phone conversation the results aren't normal.
2.I'm scheduled for special testing, come in and told I shouldn't of been scheduled in the first place b/c I'm not a good candidate for the procedure.
3. I sometimes wait 30 min to an hour before being seen despite arriving early or on-time.
4. The ER doctor discovers abnormalities with their ultrasound done despite having the exact same one completed by this OBGYN less than 48 hours prior and told it was normal.
5. My concerns are taken lightly until something severe happens.
6. It takes another doctor (unrelated to this practice) advising supplement needed to quickly improve iron deficiency when the dramatic drop was discovered by the OBGYN practice.
7. My doctor's assigned nurse makes little to no effort to seriously address valid issues.
8. I was advised by the ER to follow-up with my OBGYN so followed this instruction. I called the OBGYN and that doctor's nurse just says I'm scheduled for surgery already (in a month) so just need to wait...with no intent to assist controlling the medical issue until surgery despite physically getting worse.
9. I found it necessary to be respectfully blunt w/the OBGYN doc's nurse so she seriously attempts to address the issue (after just released from the ER that morning). She stated the doctor is in surgery at the moment and promised a return call later that day..........just to never call me back!!!
10. I called my insurance company's Ask-A-Nurse for advisement over concerns listed above with this OBGYN. The nurse strongly advised to get a 2nd opinion because this OBGYN seems to not fully disclose information, doesn't seem to have an organized plan leading up to the point of surgery and I'm not receiving an important (and promised) return call by anyone at the practice to address the ER-related issue.
I went to this business with legitimate concerns to attempt resolving. Their trial-and-error tactics failed and now I have a month to enjoy the results of these failed resolutions until surgery occurs...if it occurs. Can't have surgery with a severe iron deficit and the nurse thinks nothing is needed to be addressed until then despite increased bleeding and severe pain! Maybe that's why she never returned my call today? Guess the ER visit isn't valid in her view either. I understand Dr. Geary is busy, as the staff DO double and triple-book her all the time. However, if she can't call or see me then I'm trusting her nurse to provide the professional courtesy of a return call and seriously address the matter instead of shuffling it off. Her nor Dr. Geary are the ones experiencing the aftermath of their failed attempts to fix my problem. They don't have to deal with being terminated for having to leave work on multiple occasions due to excessive bleeding that damages the office chairs or the humiliation trying to carefully walk to the bathroom with blood going down your legs. I do not recommend this practice at all.
talks with an air of care and concern. gives you plenty of details and helps anyway she can.
she is so great and nice!!
Weight Management, Urinary Dysfunction, Ultrasound, Teen Health, Osteoporosis Screening, Menopause, Infertility, High Risk Pregnancy, Female Urinary Incontinence, Endometrial Ablations, D&C;, In-Office Surgeries, Current Methods of Birth Control, Accepting Most Major Insurances, Ablations & Sterilizations, Laparascopic Hysterectomy, Hysteroscopy, Virginia Center for Women Most Insurances...
Infertility Osteoporosis Screening
Ablations & Sterilizations
Pap Smear Evaluation & Treatment
Current Methods of Birth Control
Obstetrics & Gynecology Child Birth & Female Repro System
Accepting Most Ins & Cc
If you don't see your business listed on Hampton Roads, please add your business listing.
With a network of sites receiving over 13 million page views per month, we have lots of opportunities for you to make an impression. Learn more...
© 2007-2016 Solfo, Inc. – All rights reserved